Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Three things to report...

Today was/is a day of changes. Mostly good too and of course all pertaining to Kate!

1.  Kate is finally calling me Mama! Yay! This morning I woke up to Kate calling for her mama. This was a first.  It is wonderful to finally hear her call me mama!

2.  After this glorious development, she decided to get out of her crib BY HERSELF. She fell. Ugg. A day with a great beginning off to a bad start.  Last time this happened she kept trying to climb out every time we put her in so, we just lowered the mattress, no biggie. This time, we can't lower the mattress anymore and I tried taking out the metal part that holds the mattress up and just lay the mattress straight down on the floor, but our crib wouldn't do that. FUN. For her nap today, I just put the mattress on the floor in front of her crib.  When it came down to nap time, we went in, I laid her down, tucked her in, and she stayed there!!! Slept there too.  So we just might be making the switch to a toddler bed here pretty soon.

3.  Ok, this one is my favorite 'little moment' of the day.  Kate and I were cleaning up her room and at the end, I laid down on her mattress and closed my eyes.  She came over and started to rub my back, like I do to her when she is upset/tired/needs some loving.  Sigh, about made my heart burst!

That is pretty much my whole day, besides cleaning (we wont talk about that).  Oh, I got all of my I-Spy fabric photographed and loaded for the others! Now all I need to do is wash, iron, cut and wait for the others to finish.

2 comments:

Mike + Mo said...

Yay! I'm glad she is calling you Mama! That is tender...

Devin said...

How cute!! I still need to meet the little miss! She sounds just precious