Friday, February 12, 2010
Just Breath and Count to Ten
This evening was a trial for my patients. Kate was just in a mood. She wanted to be held and then she didn't want me to sit and hold her, she wanted me stand. Then she decided she was hungry but didn't want to eat anything. Kate would slap the spoon away and get food on her hands, then she would try to wipe her hands off on the table, her shirt, and my personal favorite: her hair. Not only did the food end up in her hair it was thrown on the floor as well and I have carpet in my downstairs. She then would dump her drink on the floor as well. To top it all off, she just wouldn't play with anything. Nothing would make her happy or even distract her. AARRGG! I tried to entertain her by taking pictures and then showing them to her, well that didn't work. You can see how frazzled we both were, just look, it's in the eyes.
I about lost it a few times. Plus, I was trying to finish Cadences gift for her birthday party tomorrow and Kate just kept pulling at it and scratching her nails down it. She was tearing it apart! Ugg. I swear, I was ready to drop her off a cliff.
SOOO, I took a deep breath, put aside Cadence's present and focused all my attention on Kate. About 15 minuets later she pooped. Joyous of all joys, it was a blow out. I mean the kind of blow out where it takes 20 wipes to clean up plus topped off with a new outfit, but she was back to her old self after. YAY! I tell you what, she has taught me more patients this past year than anything else I have ever endured. Kate also makes is clear that I still have a long way to go. I love early bed times for little kids!
::Sigh:: Such is the way of things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you're awesome sara! such a great mom
Post a Comment