On the night of February 25th my back started aching. My lower back. I was wearing a pair of heels that night and I thought it was just from that. So, that night I laid down with a hot pack and went to bed. It was still there the next day and the next. In the morning I would feel almost normal, but by the end of the day I would be hurting. Because I felt 'better' in the morning I put off going to the chiropractor. Boy, let me tell you, that was a HUGE mistake!
Wednesday night, Mach 3rd, I had The Big Blow Out. Kate was asleep in my arms, I bent over to lay her down in bed and that was when by back blew out. I was hunched over the crib with twenty pounds of precious cargo that I was trying to not to drop, or wake-up, when I head of series of pops go down my spine followed by sharp searing pain that took my breath away and made my knees go weak. I did end up dropping Kate into bed (it was only a few inches), but the good news is that she didn't wake up! The bad news, I was stuck in that position, hunched over the crib experiencing the worst back spasm EVER.
Yay me.
The only way I made it to my bed was by asking for help from my Heavenly Father. He loosened it up enough that I could walk to my room and take some Motrin. Once I was down in bed, I called Jason, he was at work and wouldn't be home until eleven or noon the next day. Yay me again, alone until then.
Our house is pretty close my folk and we almost didn't buy it because of that, but I sure am thankful to have had my parents close by that next morning. I couldn't bend or lift anything, unlocking the door for my mom sent my back into another bought of spasms.
The worst came Friday morning, I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and as I was sitting back down on the bed my back spasmed. All the other really bad ones only laster a minuet or two, but oh no not this one. This one lasted two hours and any movement on my part just made the pain spike even higher. ANY movement, like breathing. Let us just say that is sucked big time!
I would have rather given birth. Why? Well with contractions walking can help ease the pain. You can BREATH through them. They only last a few mins. I could think around my contractions. And in the end I had a baby to show for my efforts. What do I get with back spasms? Nothing. Walking was out of the questions, breathing created more spasms, it lasted two hours and it obliterated all thought. The only thing I could think of was how much it hurt. Ehh.
Poor Jason, I think I scared him when he came home. He found me about 15 minuets into my episode. Not being sure what to do, he got me what he would have liked: a bag of cookies, to take my mind off things, he said. I love my husband but cookies weren't going to cut it, I needed some Priesthood Power.
After the blessing I took some meds and blessedly fell asleep. When I woke up I wasn't spasming anymore, still really tender and sore, and not able to do much, but I wasn't spasming!
Both my mom and my dad cleared their schedules that first day to help me that day and Jason took care of care at home. My parents took Kate for me and watched her while Jason was at work and drove me to the chiropractor. Thank you! I could not have made it through those up coming days without their help.
It is now a week later and I am almost back to normal. Another week and I should be right as rain! And ready to give my new, to me but old, dresser a face lift for my loft!
Yay me!
3 comments:
Erg. Sara, that was painful to read. Remember when you broke your ankle? jk jk...
Glad your feelin better!
oh goodness Sara! I am so so sorry! i'm glad you're better though. i think you win. back pain is worse i'm sure!
At least the ankle had a funny story to go with it! I was wincing in pain as I was reading that! Oh my gosh! Okay, now is the time to give your mom a spare key, so you don't have to move if your in that much pain again! I hope you get back to normal soon? Any ideas what caused it??
Post a Comment