Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Kate


OK, so I know I'm a little behind on this post, like almost three weeks, eek.  Kate turned ONE on February 18th and we had a party on the 20th, that next Saturday.  It was a blast!  The theme was: My First Cupcake.  We had family and friends over and there was lots of little ones, Kate had a blast.

She received so many toys, that now I need to rethink my storage/organizing system downstairs.  Or just take some toys the Grandmas. What grandma wouldn't love to have more toys!?





A message to Kate:

Kate,

My first year with you was full of learning, on my part, and growth, on yours.  You taught me that when life gets messy and noisy, I need to take a deep breath and think about what to do next.  I learned that getting frustrated with a little baby that wants twist and flip when you are changing her diaper only leads to more frustration and anger.  By letting me take care of you, your Heavenly Father has refined and shaped me into a better mother, that way I can be the kind of mother that you need.

Kate, I will always try to live my life as the Savior and our Heavenly Father wants us to live, so when you get older there will be no question in your mind on how to act.  You truly are a choice and special spirit, I still have a hard time imagining that Heavenly Father was willing to let you come down to me.  

Even when you were only a few months old I knew that you would be like your dad was as a kid, active with lots of energy.  It was that drive that lead you to start pulling yourself up in your bassinet at only four months!  You scared me silly the first morning I woke up to you standing up in there, I swear you were going to topple right out right to grab the blinds on the window!  Only two months later, at six months, you started crawling.  Now you could crawl over to something and stand up, nothing was safe ever again if it wasn't up high. Ugg.  You kept getting into everything and I kept taking away everything, made you pretty mad.  You have quite the temper, by the way!  And not afraid to let loose some noise when things aren't going as you want them to.  It's ruff stuff being little! At eleven months you finally started to walk on your own, and by your birthday walking was an old hat!  Your dad and I thought for sure you would walk before then, because of how early you crawled, but it came in its own due time.

Kate, I hope that this next year brings even more learning and growing on both our ends.  Did you know that your mom loves you?  Well, I do, and please never forget it!  

Love,

Mom

P.S. You always tried to eat my toes!  I had to watch out or my toes would end up covered in baby slobber!  Yuck. =)

I love this picture! I call it: 'Please, Mom?'

No comments: