Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big Two Five

I turned 25 on Monday.  Do I feel old? Kinda, yea I do.  More to come later...

OK, it is later now (the next day).  I'm 25 now!  What did I do to celebrate!? Went shopping of course!

Jason bought me THREE new dresses and a new purse and wallet.  My mom gave a pair of shoes to match  my new dresses as well, fun fun fun.  My dad gave me a Ninja Smoothie maker and let me tell you this is the BEST smoothie maker EVER and it is so quiet too.  Thanks Dad!  Annie gave me a painting that I saw at the Arts Show over the weekend.

Side Note: a while ago my mom gave me the framed print that hung in her powder bath.  It didn't really work for my home, so it has been sitting in my garage for about nine months.  I walked out into the garage today and saw that frame.  It looked like the right size for my new painting!  After taking out the old painting I slid my new one in and it fit just perfectly!  I'm pretty excited about the outcome.



Clay gave me a glass jewel box that was hand made by this lady that collects old glass from Europe and cuts them like large gems to make her little boxes out of.  My box has a topaz blue lid.  It is gorgeous!



So, the biggest surprise of all was the card my mom and dad gave me.  In it they said that they will buy the laminate flooring for our downstairs!  We just need to rip out the old and install it ourselves.  I can't believe they are doing that for us!  The color is Chocolate Walnut, nice and dark.  It will look fabulous with our yellow walls.  I am so grateful to my parents and all the help they give us, THANKS mom and dad!



I'd say it was a pretty good birthday. =)

1 comment:

Mike + Mo said...

The BIG 25! I hope you had a good birthday!

ps. We really need to go to Home Goods...