Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

That's Some Killer'Diller Cobbler!

Who loves peach cobbler!?

I DO!!



Last night I had a hankering for peach cobbler, so I pulled up trusty Google and typed "how to make cobbler with cake mix."  Now, why cake mix you might ask.  First off I just happen to have like, 4 boxes of the stuff and second, cake mix is YUMMY.  After perusing MANY recipes I decided on a hybrid.

So, here is my Killer'Diller Cobbler:

Two cans of peaches, with the syrup
One box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 chopped pecans

DUMP peaches and syurp into baking dish (9x9)
TOP with cake mix, gently pat down smooth
POUR melted butter on top of cake mix
SPRINKLE with sugar/cinnamon/nut mixture
BAKE for 30-40 min at 350 degrees

Let cool for about 10 minutes, then scoop some out and top with vanilla ice cream.


Ok, here is what really rocks about this cobbler:  All the ingredients are food storage friendly!  Yes, even the nuts, thank you FoodSaver.  Who says you can't have cobbler in the midst of a crisis?  Not I!