For Memorial Day, we stayed in my parent's hew home up in PV. All of my immediate family was there!
Jason was able to get Sunday off too, we skipped town on Saturday to head for cooler weather. Which was wonderful, the weather I mean. Warm sun with cool mountain breezes.
As soon as we get up there, my dad has a us move a few pallets of brick. Brick by brick, mind you.
From here:
to..
There:
See our nice neat t-stacks!? All thanks to Jason and Ryan (Annie's boyfriend)!
After all that work we sat down on the steps and watched the sun set. And Kate dig in the dirt too.
I'm in the picture too! See my shadow!?
Kate desperately needed a bath after that, so I took the famous 'Naked in the Tub Shot'. Hehehe, this one is sure embarrass her in the future!
Jason, Clay and I attend Church at the old PV Chapel. Which is the oldest operating LDS chapel. Pretty cool huh? When we got back, we found my mom and dad transplanting my great grandma's iris bulbs over to the side of the deck. Some of those bulbs are close to a hundred years old.
Kate, of course, LOVED the opportunity to dig in the dirt and stomp around in the mud! That made her thirsty of course, so her grandpa gave her a drink from the hose.
All tuckered out, Kate burrows in for a nap. That thumb must taste really good.
The rest of the day was spent hanging out with my Aunt Kathy, her girls, and grand-babies.
The weekend was rounded off with shooting with the boys, fishing, 4-wheel rides, breakfast at the Lodge, and a big BBQ on Memorial Day. I love me some crispy hot dogs!
Across the way from my parent's house was a pasture with two horses in it. Clay, Kate and I went over to feed them some apples. Kate wasn't afraid of the horses! She even petted them too. About jumped out of my arms trying to reach them. That kid has no fear!
A fun time had by all!
2 comments:
Yay for holidays! It was a much needed break. I'm pretty jealous that you guys got to get out of town for it.
I've decided Pine Valley is officially my new favorite town. So beautiful!
Post a Comment