Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Three for One

I'm sooo behind on blogging!  So, here it goes:

Halloween:  Our trunk-or-treat went great!  We had plenty of food and the cake walk (we were in charge of it) was a success! Kate loved all the people and that was hard, because she wanted to run around and we were stuck doing the cake walk in the RS room.  Jason ended up chasing Kate all over while I manned the cake walk.  The actual trunk-or-treat part was good too, lots of kids, lots of candy- good times!  We dressed up as pirates this year.  For Kate I found a costume at a store, she was stinkin' cute!  I found a black shirt with a frilly collar and frilly bell sleeves, slapped on a chunky necklace and a belt with some black pants and topped everything off with "pirate" makeup and black head scarf.  I looked pretty cool.  Jason wore his  white church shirt unbuttoned with a black sash and black head scarf.  He wouldn't wear the eye patch. :(  And sadly, I didn't get a family picture!  I know I know, but when you are running the thing you just don't get to do things like that. This is the only one I got: That is Jason by the way. :)



Thanksgiving: This year we had it with my side of the family and we were up in PV with just about all of my dad's side there too.  It was great to spend time with everyone and we had a scrumptious meal!  My job was making orange rolls and this year they were the best I've made so far.  Max, Clay's mission companion who is going to BYU right now, came down and spent Thanksgiving with us.  He is kinda quiet, then he warms up and flood gates open up!  Max is tons of fun to hangout with and he loves to tease Clay, so how could I not like him!?

And the biggest news of all:  I'm pregnant!  Yay!  We are expecting the new arrival June 10th of 2011.  This one was planned, like Kate, but we didn't expect to get pregnant so soon.  Only took us one month!  Ugh.  So, Kate will two and three months old when the new baby is born.  We were shooting for her being almost three, like a Oct or Nov birth, oh well.  Obviously, the Lord wanted this baby here now!

Ok, that about sums up the past two months.  My morning sickness is just about gone and now my nesting instincts are starting to takeover.  I have some big changed planed for my house.  Lots of rearranging so I can make a sewing/play room for Kate and I!  Oh, and I have a new goal to reach by June 10th: Develop and stick to a plan to keep the house work and laundry under control.  I think a daily list of things to do will help me with this and staying away from reading.

Oh! One other thing!  We moved Kate into a toddler bed.  She is doing great!  All we have to do is shut her door and she stays in bed and goes to sleep.  The transition was much easier than I thought. I just need to remember to go crack her door in the morning before she gets up. (Her door is closed just now, so I can blog, and I can hear her playing in bed.  Funny thing, she wont get out of bed unless the door is open.)

Ah, something else to tell!  I'm making a cookbook this Christmas.  I have all my pages created and typed, now I just need to figure out how to print them and not cost me 30 buck a piece! Any ideas!?

I guess this is Six for One post!

3 comments:

Mike + Mo said...

YAY! You came out! I love it! We will have kids in the same grade! How awesome is that!? Love it!

Devin said...

glad you updated!! sounds like your holiday season is off to a great start. so stinkin' about you having another little one. Can'tsul wait to see you!!!

The Fleming Family said...

All my kid are 27 months apart too. It was so great the first time we thought we would do it again! Well, we happened to get pregnant on the first month that time too!! It really is a good distance. We love it! But just some advice: introduce potty training before but don't go full throttle until after the baby is born. She will just revert back anyways and it will be more frustrating for everyone.
Good luck!
-Danielle