Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31st!?

I can't believe it is December 31st.  Christmas has already happened! And I'm still dealing with the fall out. Ugh.  You know, all the stuff that is just laying around and needs to be dealt with.

Ok, on a more upbeat side, Christmas was great! (No sarcasm intended here folks) Lots of family, food and no down time.  Really, we were up and running ALL DAY.  No bueno.  But other than that, it was good.

Jason wanted all duck hunting stuff this year.  So I now have 37 duck decoys sitting in my living room, out of the box. Oh, these aren't just any decoys people! These are the Pro-Grade Life Size Series. He is pretty happy about that.  Kate received a play kitchen and a tricycle, plus MANY other things.  I received, beautiful earrings that my amazing hubby picked out for me, new scriptures and a Nook.






But I have to say, next year, I'm going to try and focus more on Christ.  I didn't really feel him on that day or for most of the month too. Sad, I know. So, here are my goals for next Christmas: 1- More charity. 2- At least one gift per person that is Christ centered. 3- Start on December 1st with more focus on Christ. Example, any reading material needs to be on Christ, FHEs too. Limit any other media that doesn't carry the spirit of Christ with it.  Those are my goals for next Christmas.

This week we found out that we are having a BOY come June.  Now I just need to work on getting our guest bedroom turned into a nursery.  Which means I need to make a choice on Kate's bed.  Right now her crib has been turned into toddler bed (LOVE having her in toddler bed), so do we find a new crib for  the boy and let Kate keep the toddler bed (with the matching dresser that is out changing table), or do we give the crib/dresser to the boy and find a new bed for Kate?  I have a headboard and bed in our guest-room right now, all we would need is someplace to store her clothes.  Transform her closet into half drawers and half hanging? Like a huge wardrobe?  Tony has a crib he said we could have, that would only leave me with trying to find a changing table/dresser.  Humm, some food for thought I guess.

New Years Resolutions.  Here we go, I'm only making one.  Ready for it?!  I have found a monthly cleaning schedule that has been broken down by days and tasks per week.  Cool huh?

Now here is my pledge:  I, Sara Carey, resolve to follow and complete this cleaning schedule every day for the whole year.

Sigh. Cross fingers. Say a prayer. Wish me luck.  I'm going to need it.

"Is she crazy!?" might be going through your mind right now and I can't blame you.  It does sound crazy.  BUT here are my reasons why.

A Dirty/Messy/Untidy House WILL Cause:
A cranky mom
A irritated dad
Stress
No time for things I would rather be doing, because I am CLEANING
A loss of the Spirit in my home
It will make me fat (ok, ok, fatter)

What if I could eliminate all of those negative and turn them into positives? I want less stress, to be clam, to have more time, to have more Spirit in my home and yes, I want to thinner.  Will a clean house give me all of that, I believe so!  Even the thinner part.  

Don't believe, mock, do what you will, but at end of next year I will be those things and weigh less than what I do now!  But, it will take dedication and work every day.  This is going to be a life style change for me and my family, hehehe they just don't know it yet.

I have about five months until this new baby is born to from new habits and if I can't keep my home together with only one kid, how in the world am I going to do it with two?

Speaking of kids, this week I have been childless.  No Kate.  She is up in PV with Gma and Gpa.  Doing great too, no separation anxiety.  We are supposed to go up and join them tonight or tomorrow morning and Jason said we can't go until the house is cleaned. Guess whose job that is? BINGO, it's mine and I haven't even started yet.  Up side, all the laundry is clean and put away already.

It would be nice to start the New Year with a clean house. 

Until next year, this is the hopeful and optimistic,

 Sara Carey

4 comments:

Mel said...

congrats!!! i didnt know you were having a boy!!

The Fleming Family said...

Good luck!! I would love to see that cleaning schedule. My house could use that! (It does get harder with two at first, and then I think it is almost easier when they are big enough to play together so they can play while you clean! However, motivation is less...)
Since your kids will be the exact same distance as mine, Kate should be ready for a big girl bed just before the baby comes. Just some information since you are planning beds.
Good luck! And Happy New Year!!
-Danielle

Kennedy said...

Congrats on the baby boy!

And you crack me up (in the very good way)! I have a "chore schedule" for the week. It really only covers the big things that have to be done every week (vacuuming, bathrooms, laundry, more vacuuming, kitchen and floors, more laundry...there is always more laundry) but I find that if those BIG things get done then I can always find time to take care of the little things. And if you stick to it, it gets easier as you go because things aren't getting insane dirty or cluttered you know!

I am 100% positive that you can meet your goal!! I'm managing it with two right now and will be attempting it with three soon! lol The good news is that as your kids get older they can take on more involved chores!! :o) Good luck woman!

Mike + Mo said...

Good Luck Sara! I think I need to do a cleaning schedule... It'd totally make my life easier... Hmm...(I think I'm gonna steal your New Years Resolution!)