April Fools was not fooling around this year!
While hanging out at my dad's house, Kate found a large bottle of little pink pills (they looked like Tic-Tacs), opened the bottle and started EATING them. Now mind you, she was only along for a matter 3-4 mins and the bottle had one of those "child proof" lids on it.
Can Kate open a "child proof" pill bottle? I wouldn't put it past her! But I have never seen her do it.
Well, after I walked in and asked what she was eating, she quickly spit out some pink pill fragments, threw the open bottle on the floor, and sprinted for the other room.
I picked up the bottle and read the label: BLOOD THINNERS.
My crazy child was EATING Coumadin.
Just let me say the people over at Poison Control totally rock. They guided me through what had to be done and then called back to check in on her.
Because we didn't know how many pills she ate we had to go to the ER. Centennial Hills ER nurses, you rock too!
The only thing we could do was feed her charcoal, test her blood and 'wait and see'. The hospital has this liquid charcoal that force feed OD patients, it absorbs some of the effects of the drugs. Well, they gave me a large cup with a straw in it and said "here, get your kid to drink this."
HA HA HA
It ended up taking the nurse and me to get even a half cup or so down her throat. Fun times. This stuff ended up all over Kate, the nurse and me. To top everything off, this was during her normal nap time, so she was CRANKY. Like I said, Fun Times.
We did take some pictures of the damage with the charcoal (my mom has them), when I get them on my computer I will upload them.
3 comments:
oh my gosh! thats so unbelievably scary!!! seriously, super mom to the rescue! im glad shes ok
Holy COW!!! I'm glad that she is okay and everyone was helpful!
Holy Crap! I'm glad that she is okay. Scary stuff. Glad you turned out okay too!
Post a Comment