Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome Jaxon Bradley!

Last week was a whirl wind of a week!  We had my nephew Sam's 4th birthday, my baby shower, a surprise birthday party for Jason and the birth of our son!

Saturday the 21st of May: Sam's party and my baby shower.

In the morning we had the birthday party over at Grandma and Grandpa Carey's.  We had fun playing with all the little cousins, well Kate did.   I mainly just sat and watched.  :)  We made Sam a fisherman's toy.  I made some stuffed fish with washers on the nose and a fishing pole with a magnet on the end of the line.  He loved it!  I know all the 'big boys' (the dads) were excited to play with it.

That afternoon, over at my mom's, was the baby shower.  I'm so glad we did a shower because I really didn't have any clothes for Jax. We did the games a little different this time and it was fun.  My mom and I went out at bought a small gift for everyone and we did a white elephant gift exchange.  Where names and drawn and they can either pick a gift off the table or steal one form another person.  There wasn't much stealing but it was nice that everyone got a gift! My Grandpa and Grandma Neilson (Clayton and Betty-Jo) were able to make it down too.  All in all it was fun day!

Monday the 23rd of May: Jason's surprise party!

Kristin and Shannon (cousin and friend) Helped me throw this party for Jason.  Kristin did all the inviting and RSVPing, that way I didn't have anyone calling me and spoiling the surprise.  Shannon designed the invites, we chose a Running Rebels theme for the party! We held it at Ronnie and Shannon's place on a Monday night. Why Monday? We go over there for FHE every other week, that was the cover up for the party!  Jason just thought that we were going over there for a normal FHE with our friends.  When we were pulling up to the house, Uncle Bob was walking up to the door.  Jason looks at me and says "Hey! that's my Uncle Bob, what is he doing here? Oh, maybe he is here for work."  Bob works for the IRS. LOL he thought that Ronnie and Shannon were getting audited.  But when we walked in, everyone was there to yell 'SURPRISE'.  Here is the best part, Jason really was surprised!  He truly didn't have any clue about the party! Ha ha ha, I even made him help me make his own birthday cake.

Thrusday the 26th of May: Welcome Jax!



On wednesday I saw my doctor and she said I was dilated to a two and that I probably wont make it another week until his birth.  Well surprise surprise that night at eleven my water broke!  But I wasn't having any contractions.  I decided to wait until I was in labor to go to the hospital.  At four in the morning I still wasn't in labor!  After a quick call down to the hospital, we were on our way.

I get there, they confirm my water has broken and called my doctor.  She put me on pitocin to start the labor.  No I just needed to dilate to a five so I could get the epidural. Took my about me about five hours to reach a 4.5.  At that point the nurse checked with the anesthesiologist on when he could come do it, but he was just about to step into the OR for a c-section and it would be about 45 min.

Ugh! At this point the nurse asked me if I wanted some pain killers and I said YES!  They helped, but I was completely out of it.  I kept opening up my eyes and not remembering right away where or why I was here.  I had Jason come over and put his hand on me and that helped to ground me.  That was the weirdest 45 min ever. Then they started to wear off and I was in SO MUCH PAIN.  That doctor still wasn't out of the OR by then!

5 mins go by, getting worse, 10 mins go by, ahhhh getting worse, 15 mins go by and the nurse calls for my doctor to get over here!  The last 15 mins were really difficult. In the course of 30 mins I went from a 5 to a 10.  So, yeah I had Jax naturally.  Fun, fun, fun!

In the 5 to 10 mins before Jax was born I felt this insane pressure and I really wanted to push (it felt like I had a really large bowel movement and that was going to come out RIGHT NOW), but my Doc wasn't there yet, so I started talking to myself.  About how I just needed to relax and not push, I was the little mom who could. "You can do it Sara, just relax, don't push, doc will be here soon, then you can push, you can do it, just relax" That was how I got through those last few grueling mins. I really wanted to start pushing.

I remember looking over at the nurse during my 'talking' and she was watching me a surprised/satisfied expression on her face.  Afterwards I asked her about it and she told me that very few women are that focused or coherent during that part of the labor, "You weren't even screaming or crying!" she said. I felt like I was loosing it, but I guess on the outside it looked different. I'm just glade those guard rails are sturdy, I was pulling and pushing on those like crazy towards the end!

Jaxon Bradley born on May 26th at 1:34 pm.  He was 6 pounds 11 ounces and 18 1/4 inches long.  Healthy as ever too!



Jason was really upset that I didn't get my epidural and after Jax was born he told me we weren't having any more kids.  He was being serious too.  After a few mins he told me if we do have more kids, I needed to get someone else to sit with me while I gave birth because he wasn't gong through that again.

Even though it was hellish giving birth, my recovery time is going to so much shorter this time.  With Kate I could barley get up and down and was in so much pain that I counted down the hours until I could take more Motrin.  I had lots of tearing and lots of stitches with Kate.  This time, it is no where near that bad.  I only needed one stitch, close to no tearing and my swelling was no where near what it was with Kate too.  I'm up and just about back to normal in only a week.  Which has been a blessing because I need to be up and functioning to take care of Kate.

Before my labor really set in, Jason gave me a blessing, he said everything would go smoothly.  And it did, even though it was really painful, it has turned out to be a blessing because I'm feeling better sooner.

Now just wish me luck with nursing!

So that was my week.  Pretty exciting huh!?

3 comments:

Mel said...

oh my gosh congrats!! i thought your due date was near the end of june- and i love the name jax!! i love reading birthing stories now- you seriously must be supermom to do it naturally ;)

The Fleming Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am glad that it went smoothly, despite no epidural. :-( I can't wait to see a picture of him!
-Danielle

Kristen said...

Jaxon is so cute! It was good seeing you guys yesterday!