Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Coming soon.

Ok Here it is: (Pictures coming soon!)

Now that Jason is on the day shift, we actually were able to go out of town for the weekend!  The house in PV is pretty much done now, they have started work on the landscaping.

Tony, Alex, Sam and Baby Jason were also able to join us for the weekend too.  This was the first time Sam was really able to go outside and play in the dirt.  And boy-o-boy did he!  Kate and Sam were covered with dirt by the end of each day.

Alex and I made all of the meals for the weekend and we ate like kings!  I was able to find a recipe for Cafe Rio's Sweet Pork and it turned out fabulous!  As Clay was helping unload our car (we had all the food in ours) he was looking at it with a confused look and turned to my mom saying, "all this food just for three days?"  Mom looks at him with a big smile and says, "Yes, and we are going to eat very well."  It was the truth.

Saturday morning the Church put on a flag raising ceremony with a band (full of old-timers in stars and stripes hats =D ) and a breakfast with fresh hot scones! Yummy.  We decorated the wagon and the kids and pulled them to the church.  Baby Jason and Kate had a blast waving their little flags.

Sunday we attended Sacrament meeting, that was fun.  Kate was a terror, the lady behind us took pity on us and handed over a roll of Smarties.  It lasted for all of five minuets and then my kid was bouncing off the pews, like I said, FUN.

Later that day Tony, Alex, Jason and I  all played Cranium.  I learned two things: 1) Alex and I would be rock-stars at this game if we were on the same team; 2) My husband is a Humdinger!  He can hum as if his life depends on it.  Fascinating!

The rest of the weekend was spent in leisure.  I did all the prep-work and cooking before we came up, so all I had to do was heat up the food.  No slaving away in the kitchen for me! =)

The boys went fishing and shooting while we were up there too.

PV is such a fun place for a family and I see our little family spending more time there in the near future!

1 comment:

Mike + Mo said...

Oooo! you know how to keep me in suspense!