Yesterday, I was folding laundry on UUUUUGLY red floral couch. This couch is in my loft, which is now my craft/play room, and I really don't want it in there anymore. BUT we use this couch to dump all the clean laundry on and pile it up on the back of the couch once folded, so we use it. If we got rid of it, where would I put the laundry when it come out of the dryer? My laundry room is WAY too small and I have a top loading washer, so a counter on top of them is out of the question.
In the midst of folding the laundry, inspiration struck! If I get rid of my couch then I have room for Kate's play house and kitchen. What if I installed a counter above them with a shelf about that? I still would have room for Kate's play things and have a counter to fold laundry on and a shelf to pile up the folded laundry.
This is all just an idea at this point and I still need to measure and price this all out. But here is the thing that would throw a wrench into this idea: Our washer is starting to go out, sometimes it doesn't do the high spin. We got the washer and dryer used for like 250 for the pair, sweet deal huh!? Well to call someone out and fix the washer would be about what we paid for it and if I have the opportunity to get a new washer I want a front loading one so I can put a counter above them and have a place to fold clothes. Ugh. Too many ifs.
So why blog about this!? If you happen to know anyone that is selling a front loading washer please let me know. I would rather keep the laundry in the laundry room.
1 comment:
You might want to check out Lowes or Home depot. They always have returns that just have a silly dent in them that you cant even notice unless you look for it. AND they are marked way down. ALSO - RC Willey Scratch and Dent is a great place to look too..
Good Luck!
Post a Comment